Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another death in the music world...




R.I.P Stephen Gately
1976-2009



Remember him? A member of the now disbanded boyband Boyzone, Stephen Gately. For those of you who are not familiar, Boyzone is an Irish boyband who made headlines making hits back in the 90s. I just read the news that he died on Saturday, Oct. 10.

"Gately "tragically died" on Saturday while visiting the island of Mallorca, the band said in a brief statement. The cause of death was not immediately clear." It is believed that there's no foul play though, so make that clear...

This is also the band's comment, "We have shared such wonderful times together over the years and were all looking forward to sharing many more. Stephen was a beautiful person in both body and spirit. He lit up our lives and those of the many friends he had all over the world. Our love and sympathy go out to Andrew and Stephen's family. We love you and will miss you forever, 'Steo',"

What a tragic event! I mean it came as a shock to me...If you grew up in the Philippines, you'll know what I mean.. Even now that I'm far from the Philippines I feel like part of my childhood has been ripped (ok, maybe that sounded a little exaggerated) but its true...

speechless. what a loss..i hope his partner and family are all right....

He's in a much better place now... Aw, its just sad that last year Boyzone announced a comeback tour... So what happens now? I hope they make a tribute though... so many deaths.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment