Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers at Madison Square Garden



The show was AWESOME!!!!! Tom Petty and the guys still got it!! I'm still wishing I'm back at Madison Square Garden watching Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers rock their old songs with some new songs from their new album MOJO. I was shouting, I was hooting, I was singing along at the top of my voice. I didn't care what the other people think of me, I didn't care bout the looks I got. What a great night!!! Hopefully, I'll get to see them again when they do their show at the Izod Center. I LOVED THE SHOW!! My brother came with me. I got him to go with me because I told him Buddy Guy would be opening for Tom Petty. Guy is a blues guitarist and my bro is into blues guitar right now. We didn't get to see Buddy Guy though, I wonder if we missed him or he didn't play at all.

The show started at 9pm and we were there before 9 and we did not see Buddy Guy at all. But boy when Tom Petty and the guys came out, WHOOOOO!!! I shouted!!!! It was a great feeling!!! I love New York!!! We were at the 230 section, a little too far but as I've always said as long as I can hear the music, especially live music, I'm good! I wish I can relive it again! Really, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers is one of the living legend bands of today. Everyone should get to see them! Ahhhhh. I'm still smiling and recalling the concert last night. Love, love, love it! I'm just so happy that my bro who went with me saying "I only know one some from them" enjoyed the show. He was clapping as hard as everyone else too. I actually told him that you already know most of the songs on their setlist you just don't know it. And I was right. I know he loved the show he just don't want to admit it. :)

Setlist:
1. Listen to Her Heart
2. You Don't Know How It Feels
3. I Won't Back Down
4. Free Fallin'
5. Oh Well (Fleetwood Mac cover)
6. Mary Jane's Last Dance
7. Honey Bee
8. Breakdown
9. Jefferson Jericho Blues
10. Good Enough
11. Running Man's Bible
12. First Flash of Freedom
13. I Should Have Known It
14. Learning to Fly
15. Don't Come Around Here No More
16. Refugee

Encore:
17. Runnin' Down The Dream
18. American Girl

Everyone was into it. People drinking, people swaying, people smoking, people singing. Best night ever! Mike Campbell was rocking the guitar solos. Benmont Tench playing with the pianos and keyboards - awesome! My bro loved Steve Ferrone with the drums. The beats was so good you can't help but nod your head and stomp your feet. Ron Blair holding the beats with his bass. I love the bass. Scott Thurston and his harmonica stealing the show. And of course, the man, Tom Petty!!! TOMMY!!! His voice is perfect. Never gets old. Running around the stage, letting the audience sang along. Hey-oh!

Show totally rocked! *sigh I loved it! I can't say more :)

UPDATE: to see pictures click here (not mine). My mistake, we did miss Buddy Guy :( last night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment