Monday, May 31, 2010

The Sounds of Silence

REAL music. REAL voices. A MASTERPIECE. This is how we are today, "people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening". People don't "communicate" that well anymore (don't give me that twitter and facebook crap---that's not real communication). I wonder what changed that most of these days, it's not that often anymore where you hear a song like this by Simon & Garfunkel. A music so pure you don't need anything else, just the voice, the guitar, real talent, emotions and pure simplicity. Silence is golden.

Here's a video of Simon & Garfunkel performing the song live:


And this is the version I listen to everyday. There's just something about this song that makes you wonder about so many things in this world. I don't know maybe its just me, but the harmony gives me this sensuous feeling I can't really explain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment