Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Rolling Stones hint at anniversary tour



NEW YORK (Q104.3) 24 May 2011 - The Rolling Stones played their first-ever gig at London's Marquee Club on July 12, 1962, and Keith Richards says they might celebrate their upcoming 50th anniversary in a big way.

While promoting Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Richards revealed he and the boys have discussed releasing a new album and going on a world tour next year.

"Something's blowing in the wind," Richards told USA Today. "The idea's there. We kind of know we should do it, but nobody's put their finger on the moment yet. This is what we have to ask each other: Do we want to go out in a blaze of glory? We can, if Mick and Charlie (Watts) feel like I do, that we can still turn people on. We don't have to prove nothing anymore. I just love playing, and I miss the crowd."

Rolling Stones tours have always attracted huge crowds. Until recently, their Bigger Bang trek was the highest-grossing tour of all time, grossing $558 million. The record was recently broken by U2's 360 tour, which is still going on and is expected to gross $700 million.


FREAKIN' AWESOME! CAN'T WAIT! I HOPE IT HAPPENS!!!

2 comments:

Zee said...

Hello! I miss you, I haven't spoken to you in ages :) I haven't been on here in absolutely ages, but hopefully in the summer holidays I'll be able to catch up again (I've just got a week and a half left :D )
Anyway, EEEEEK!!!! IF THE ROLLING STONES TOUR AGAIN I WILL SOOOOO BE THERE.
I think I would kill to be there
asdfghjkl
The sad thing is I'm not even joking :/

E.T.'s Gravity said...

HII!!!! Can't wait for you to get back blogging! I've actually just been checkin your blog and i realized the last time you had a post was like 2 mos ago! Can't wait to read more from you! it's being desperate for the love of the music and the band, it's not sad in my opinion. i'd definitely do anything just to get to see the ROLLING STONES on TOUR TOO!!!!!! I wish they come here in America! AHHHHHHHHHH so exciting! And I hope i'd have the money to buy tickets as im pretty sure when they're on tour tickets would be EXPENSIVE as hell!! lol

Post a Comment